The Infra-View® Infrared Sensor is a two wire 4-20 mA output intelligent device powered by 24 VDC with a maximum loop impedance of 700 ohms. The Infra-View has remote online addressability and accuracy to +-1% of the reading up to 3,000°F and is factory calibrated to an NIST certified standard in accordance with MIL-STD-45662. The sensor has a 30:1 field of view (FOV) indicating that 30ft from the sight tube there is a 1ft diameter field. Multiple sensors can be combined in a network configuration and terminated into a Distributed Control System(DCS). The sensor has the following adjustments that can be performed remotely for system maintenance and customization over two wire loop using HART® industrial protocol. The HART® signals combine simultaneous digital communication over standard 4-20 mA output cable. By utilizing the Infra-View programming software and RS-232 port or USB adapter, the following maintenance and customization features can be modified while units are online.Maintenance and Customization Features:
- Condition signal to smooth out reading by adjusting the averaging mode out to 55 seconds.
- Adjust Peak/Valley Hold to 10 minutes for recording high/low temperature trends.
- Program Alarm Set Point (NO/NC settings with third wire)
- Vary temperature ranges for any high and low set point between 250°F and 3,000°F (121°C and 1,649°C)
SmartSensor Technical Specification:
Infra-View® Infrared Boiler/ Furnace Thermometer is a patented "non-contact" remote sensing infrared thermometer housed in a rugged, compact protective cooling jacket. The unit flange mounts to any port, door or penetration into the boiler or furnace and measures flue gas temperatures from 250°F to 3,000°F via a4 - 20 mA output to any DCS, digital or analog recording device.
- Power Requirement:24 VDC4 - 20 mA integrated loop (DCS Powered)
- Cooling Requirement:15 CFM (Standard Plant Air)
- Ambient Operating Temp: 250°F Max.
- Field of View (FOV):30:1(i.e., 3 ft spot @ 90 ft)
- Response Time: 100 msec(600 readings/min.)
- Data Output: Digital 4-20 mA Loop Powered
- Accuracy: 1% of Reading (Max. Error + 30°F) NIST Calibration Cert. Avail.
- Measured Temperature Range: 250°F to 3,000°F
- Infrared Spectral Response: Heated CO2 Gas
- Weight: 20 lbs (9Kg)with Infra-View® Valve: 27 lbs (12 Kg)
- Length Overall: 21" (53 cm) with Infra-View® Valve:24"(61 cm)
- Infra-View® Sensor: Intelligent2 wire4- 20 mA loop powered digital device that is field addressable utilizing HART® protocol preset to specifically detect infrared emissions from heated boiler/ furnace flue gas containing CO2 . On line maintenance and customization can be performed with a laptop or PC with Infra-View® Software and serial port adapter, anywhere along two-wire loop without data output interference. (Infra-View® Software is optional)